I like to think of myself as part of a new modern tribe. The dictionary defines a tribe in several ways including, a group of people… who have the same language, customs, and beliefs.
Then it gives the example: a tribe of artists with wild hair and casual manners.
Sounds about right…
When I think about the people in this modern tribe and their customs and beliefs, I hope it includes:
- People who are purpose-driven and committed to addressing causes in concrete ways.
- People who view themselves as global citizens and are deeply curious about the world around them.
- People who are filled with wanderlust and view travel as a priority in order to see, learn, meet, and gather.
- People who are brave and willing to take significant risks for the chance to live life at a more fulfilled level.
- People who surround themselves with beauty, understanding the immediate connection between their environment and themselves.
- People who eschew mass production in favor of the one of kind and artisanal.
- People who forgo trends to create their own style, which is intensely personal and distinctive.
Are you part of this tribe? What values/customs/beliefs would you add to the list above?
Images: "Tomorrow's Tribe" Marina Nery by Sebastian Kim for Vogue Australia April 2014